At a Decision Meeting on 14 September, the council’s Executive Member for Planning & Transport, Cllr Ian Gillies, approved the installation of double yellow lines at a number of locations. These measures will now be advertised, with the opportunity for residents to object if they wish to.
The report that sets out the proposed double yellow lines is available Here. The locations where double yellow lines were approved are:
- Junction of Cherry Lane and St Edwards Close (see map below)
- Junction of Ainsty Avenue and Mayfield Grove
- Junction of Nelsons Lane and Breary Close
- Moorcroft Road, from the doctors surgery to first junction with Bramble Dene
However a number of additional schemes which local ward councillors had supported were turned down:
- Moor Lane, near the entrance to Chapmans Pond
- North Lane, near junction with Jervis Road
- Junction of Acorn Way and Wharfe Drive
- Moorcroft Road, in front of the dentists
Cllr Ann Reid spoke at the meeting to ask Cllr Gillies to include these additional schemes, but to no avail.