The installation of a new accessible roundabout at the Woodthorpe Green play area is underway. The roundabout is designed in such a way as to easily accommodate wheelchairs, and has been funded by a £12,000 grant secured by the Woodthorpe York Community Group.
The wider playground revamp at Woodthorpe should be finally completed when snagging issues have been resolved. These are:
- final fixing of equipment parts
- repairs to paintwork
- installation of a concrete pad under the bench
- repairs to the picnic table seating area
Meanwhile at the revamped Nelsons Lane playground, outstanding issues are:
- the installation of the slide
- a replacement concrete pad under the bench
- repairs to the old seating area
When all of these tasks have been completed and signed off as safe, the playgrounds will re-open.