Local Lib Dem councillors are encouraging residents to have their say on plans designed to tackle anti social behaviour in parts of Woodthorpe.
Residents have expressed concern about vandalism and anti social behaviour in the Ashbourne Way and Summerfield Road area and also around the newly-refurbished playground at Woodthorpe Green.
In response, the Ward Budget is being used to fund a six-month trial of daily visits by a Gough & Kelly security patrol with body-worn cameras.
The aim is to gather evidence of the nature of the problems, with a view to informing a decision about whether a fixed CCTV camera would be beneficial.
The survey, which has been set up by Gough & Kelly, can be accessed at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TH7XT3Q
The questions posed in the survey are:
- Do you feel there is a need for patrols with body-worn video in the Summerfield Road / Ashbourne Way area?
- Would having patrols make you feel safer?
- Are you happy that patrols have been considered as a way of documenting evidence to support the installation of a fixed CCTV camera?
- Are you happy for images of you to be recorded and stored for 31 days?
- Can you think of incidents where CCTV would have been useful in the area?
- Do you have any other comments, questions or concerns?