It seems that some local businesses are taking the Councils advice seriously and are trying to make the most of the weekend of the Tour De France Grand Depart.
On Thursdays the Council Leader said that “our main objectives are to ensure local businesses benefit hugely”.
So how much can visitors expect to pay for their trip to Yorkshire on 5th and 6th July? (comparative prices for other summer weekends taken from trip advisor)
- Cedar Court £302 per night (£243)
- Park Inn £170 pn (£169)
- Hotel Noir £236 pn (£161)
- Royal York £983 pn (£983)
- Elmbank £123 pn (£117)
Many other York hotels are now fully booked. However many are also fully for most weekends during the summer period!
So there is little evidence to suggest that the kind of excessive price hikes, seen at other major sporting events world wide, are taking place in York
What about camping?
Monk Stray is the only long term (9 days) option still being advertised by Visit York
- Monk stray will cost £24 a night for a 4 person tent.
- Parking for a motorhome will cost you £31 a night.
- The Millennium Bridge site is a little more at £26 a night
- 5 nights at the Designer outlet will cost £175
Parking is now advertised at £8 per day.
You can buy a Tour T shirt for £13.