At its meeting on 5th January, the council’s Area Planning Committee voted to defer an application to demolish the bungalow at 5 Mayfield Grove and build 3 homes on the site.
The recommendation was for the application to be refused due to concerns that a bat survey needed to be carried out. The Council’s ecologist suggested that an activity survey be carried out in May 2017, therefore the applicant’s agent requested at the meeting that the application be deferred in order to give sufficient time for a bat survey to be carried out.
Speaking at the meeting, Cllr Ashley Mason suggested that parking spaces for the proposed properties were not sufficient, and the height of the proposed dwellings would dominate the surrounding properties. He also highlighted comments from Yorkshire Water over drainage problems in the area.
The committee agreed that the application should be deferred in order to address concerns raised and to allow for a bat survey to be carried out.
The parking restrictions proposed for the junction of Mayfield Grove and Aintree Court were approved at a Decision Session of the Executive Member for Planning & Transport on 12th May.
The printed decision sheet from the meeting is available Here.
The move was prompted by concerns raised about the impact of parking on or near the junction by visitors to Railway Pond and problematic parking around school drop-off and pick-up times.
An extension of parking restrictions on Mayfield Grove is being recommended by York Council officials. at a meeting taking place on 12th May.
The meeting is open to the public and an agenda can be found by clicking here
The restrictions are aimed at controlling parking generated by the nearby fishing lake. They would affect part of Mayfield Grove and Aintree Court.
Committee report page 2
Committee report page 2
The meeting will also consider changes to traffic orders in other parts of the City These include (click to access):
- Annex A Clifton, item 4. PDF 193 KB
- Annex B Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward, item 4. PDF 158 KB
- Annex C Fishergate Ward, item 4. PDF 554 KB
- Annex D Fulford and Heslington Ward, item 4. PDF 139 KB
- Annex E Guildhall Ward, item 4. PDF 144 KB
- Annex F Haxby Ward, item 4. PDF 112 KB
- Annex G Heworth Ward, item 4. PDF 188 KB
- Annex H Holgate Ward, item 4. PDF 157 KB
- Annex I Micklegate Ward, item 4. PDF 202 KB
- Annex J Rawcliffe and Clifton Without Ward, item 4. PDF 110 KB
The Council has published a report reviewing parking arrangements at several locations in the Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward.
click to enlarge
The decisions, for four roads in the area which had been reported for action, were:
- E1 – Ullswater/Acorn Way – Agreed no action to be taken.
- E2 – Aintree Court/Mayfield Grove – Agreed to advertise no waiting at any time restrictions on Mayfield Grove for 10m either wide of the Aintree Court junction, plus 25m into Aintree Court.
- E3 – Bramble Dene – Agreed no action to be taken.
- E4 – Wains Road/Chaloner’s Road – Agreed to advertise no waiting at any time restrictions for 10m both sides of the junction.
Click the link below for details: