Work is set to take place on:
- ·Moor Lane from 25 October for two days with work taking place from 9.15am – 4pm. A temporary road closure from the junction of A1237 Ring Road to the junction of Cairnborrow will be necessary whilst works are taking place.
- Huntington Road from 24 October for five days with work taking place from 9.15am-4pm. A temporary road closure from the junction of Link Road to the junction of Brockfields Road will be necessary whilst works are taking place.
- · Campleshon Road from 24 October for one day with work taking place from 9.15am till 11pm. A temporary road closure will be in place during working hours. A signed diversion route will be in place for motorists during this time.
- · Bad Bargain Lane from 25 October for two days with work taking place from 9.15am-5pm Monday to Friday. A temporary road closure from the junction of Burnholme Drive to the junction of Meadlands will be necessary whilst works are taking place.
- · · Low Green, Copmanthorpe from 27 October for two days with work taking place from 8am – 5pm. A temporary road closure will be in place during working hours. Throughout the works the cycle lane/footpath between Merchant Way and Low Green will be open to vehicle traffic. This will be managed using two way lights and safety signs to ensure the safety of all road users.
- · Fulfordgate on 27 October for one day with work taking place from 8am-5pm. A temporary road closure of Fulfordgate will be in place during working hours. Residents are advised there will be no access or egress for vehicles during working hours except in emergencies.
As with any construction work, there is likely to be a certain amount of disruption. Residents are assured that everything reasonably possible will be done to keep this to a minimum, however motorists should expect some delays and plan their journey accordingly.
The contractor carrying out the work will be responsible for safety and providing pedestrian access at all times.
A number of instances of vandalism on Tadcaster Road appear to have taken place overnight on Friday 14 October / Saturday 15 October.
The bench at the junction with Ainsty Grove has been ripped from its moorings – the feet are badly damaged and it looks as though the bench will need to be replaced.
Some of the contents of a skip appear to have been removed and dumped on the verge. The litter bin by the Pulleyn Drive bus stop had been shunted into the middle of the footpath, and the phone box opposite the fish & chip shop has been put out of action by the handset being ripped out.
Stephen has reported the damage to the Police. If any residents have any information about who might be responsible, please call 101.
City of York Council will be carrying out carriageway maintenance works at Moor Lane commencing on Monday 24th October for a period of one day (weather permitting).
The site extents are as shown on the plan below. The works will be carried out between 9.15am and 4.00pm.
The works will consist of resurfacing sections of Moor Lane together with the renewal / adjustment of some carriageway ironwork and the reinstatement of all road markings.
In order to carry out these works safely the use of a temporary road closure from the junction of A1237 Ring Road to the junction with Cairnborrow will be necessary whilst works are taking place. A clearly signed diversion route will be set out for through traffic. Site staff will be on hand to advise and assist residents about the access restrictions once the works are ongoing.
Emergency services will be permitted through the works in any situation.
Below are the latest planning applications received by the York Council for the Dringhouses and Woodthorpe ward.
Full details can be found by clicking the application reference
27 Slingsby Grove York YO24 1LS
Two storey side and single storey rear extensions and alterations to front bay and porch
Representations can be made in favour of, or in objection to, any application via the Planning on line web site. http://planningaccess.york.gov.uk/online-applications/
The Council now no longer routinely consults neighbours by letter when an application is received.
Dringhouses Library :
Tue 18 Oct :
4.00pm – 5.00pm :
Let us introduce you to the many NHS resources online with this free workshop.
For more information click here.
It happened near the shops on Moorcroft Road at around 4pm on Tuesday 4 October 2016 when a red car collided with the girl, before leaving the scene without stopping.
The victim suffered a sprained ankle and fracture pelvis as a result of the collision.
Police are appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the car prior to hitting the girl, or who witnessed the actual collision to contact them.
They are also appealing to the driver to come forward and to anyone else who may have information that could help identify the driver, to contact the police.
Please call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 1 and pass information to the Force Control Room.
If you wish to remain anonymous, you can pass information to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Please quote reference number 12160183490 when passing on information.