On Saturday 15th September from 10am to 3pm there is an Open Day at Askham Bog, hosted by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
There’ll be activities for all the family including guided nature walks and pond dipping.
It’s part of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust’s drive to raise awareness of the importance of this nature reserve, and gather support for the campaign to oppose proposals that would see 500 homes built on land off Moor Lane next to the Bog.
Cllr Stephen Fenton met with representatives from Yorkshire Wildlife Trust at the Bog on Friday 14 September and pledged his support for the campaign.
You can find out more about the campaign Here
Get you valuables security marked today by the York South Neighbourhood policing team
11:00am until 12 noon on Westhorpe at the junction with Leeside.
Free outdoor activities for young people over 7 years of age get underway in Foxwood, Woodthorpe and Dringhouses next week.
The sessions, which also ran during the Easter and half-term holidays, are organised by the York City Knights Foundation and are funded by the Westfield and Dringhouses & Woodthorpe Ward Committees.
Skate park sessions are taking place on the following dates in July:
- Monday 23 July, 2pm to 3.30pm – Moor Lane Youth Centre on Wains Road
- Wednesday 25 July, 2pm to 3.30pm – Foxwood Community Centre on Bellhouse Way
- Monday 30 July, 2pm to 3.30pm – Foxwood Community Centre on Bellhouse Way
In August, the focus switches to ‘inflatable football’ sessions:
- Wednesday 1 August, 10am to 11.30am – Foxwood Park on Bellhouse Way / top of Ashbourne Way
- Friday 3 August, 10am to 11.30am – Woodthorpe Green
- Wednesday 8 August, 2pm to 3.30pm – Foxwood Park on Bellhouse Way / top of Ashbourne Way
- Friday 10 August, 2pm to 3.30pm – Woodthorpe Green
- Wednesday 15 August, 10am to 11.30am – Foxwood Park on Bellhouse Way / top of Ashbourne Way
- Wednesday 22 August, 2pm to 3.30pm – Woodthorpe Green