Get you valuables security marked today by the York South Neighbourhood policing team
11:00am until 12 noon on Westhorpe at the junction with Leeside.
Free outdoor activities for young people over 7 years of age get underway in Foxwood, Woodthorpe and Dringhouses next week.
The sessions, which also ran during the Easter and half-term holidays, are organised by the York City Knights Foundation and are funded by the Westfield and Dringhouses & Woodthorpe Ward Committees.
Skate park sessions are taking place on the following dates in July:
- Monday 23 July, 2pm to 3.30pm – Moor Lane Youth Centre on Wains Road
- Wednesday 25 July, 2pm to 3.30pm – Foxwood Community Centre on Bellhouse Way
- Monday 30 July, 2pm to 3.30pm – Foxwood Community Centre on Bellhouse Way
In August, the focus switches to ‘inflatable football’ sessions:
- Wednesday 1 August, 10am to 11.30am – Foxwood Park on Bellhouse Way / top of Ashbourne Way
- Friday 3 August, 10am to 11.30am – Woodthorpe Green
- Wednesday 8 August, 2pm to 3.30pm – Foxwood Park on Bellhouse Way / top of Ashbourne Way
- Friday 10 August, 2pm to 3.30pm – Woodthorpe Green
- Wednesday 15 August, 10am to 11.30am – Foxwood Park on Bellhouse Way / top of Ashbourne Way
- Wednesday 22 August, 2pm to 3.30pm – Woodthorpe Green
The Chase Residents Association holds its Annual General Meeting on Monday 25th June at 7.30pm at the Marriott Hotel on Tadcaster Road.
The RA serves the Tadcaster Road area from St Helens Road up to Pulleyn Drive, including Nelsons Lane, Hob Moor Terrace, Hillcrest Gardens, Chalfonts, Breary Close, Weddall Close, Goodwood Grove, Lingfield Crescent, Aintree Court, Mayfield Grove, Ainsty Grove, Ainsty Avenue and St Helens Road.
This year’s Woodthorpe Family Fun Day will take place on Sunday 1 July on the Green. There’ll be stalls, live entertainment and refreshments from 12 noon to 6pm. Everyone is welcome!
The Friends of Dringhouses Library AGM takes place on Tuesday 19th June at 6pm, with guest speaker Pauline Kirk, who will be talking about her new book.
Dringhouses residents are being encouraged to get involved in producing an independent Community Newsletter for the area.
A meeting has been arranged for Tuesday 26 June at 6.30pm at Dringhouses Library to discuss the idea and move things forward. All are welcome.
The former MP for Leeds West, John Battle, will give a talk at St Edward the Confessor Church on Tadcaster Road on Monday 18 June at 7.30pm.
Titled ‘Faith and politics – the Abbey and the prison’, the talk is part of the church’s ‘Faith seeking understanding’ series of lectures.