If you are confused or overwhelmed by the huge amount of information on offer, York’s Explore library service can help.
They are making it easy for people to find information and advice as well as inspiration as we all deal with the Coronavirus crisis. Explore website has all sorts of useful links to help people cope during the coming weeks; some sites have always been part of their online offer, and some are brand new.
Explore is also working with City of York Council and other partners in York so that communities can join together.
Organisations across the country are developing their online services in this challenging time. Explore is are using its expertise to gather together the best offers and add them to the lists of sites they recommend.
They will also be developing some online activities – including a Virtual Book Group. Their website will be updated regularly as these new things come on stream and sharing on social media using #LibrariesFromHome
- Updates on how Explore is responding during the pandemic and updates about what’s new
- Information and support during the Coronavirus crisis from official sources https://www.exploreyork.org.uk/recommended-websites/coronavirus-resources/
- 5,000 Ebooks and audio books for adults and children free to borrow from our online library. https://www.exploreyork.org.uk/digital/e-books/
- Visit the new York Images site and explore the history of the city through photographs, illustrations, maps and archival documents https://www.exploreyork.org.uk/digital/york-images/
- Start your family tree using Ancestry and Find My Past. The library editions are both now free to use from home. https://www.exploreyork.org.uk/digital/online-reference/
- Find reliable information about everything on our Online Reference pages. https://www.exploreyork.org.uk/digital/online-reference/
Everything is free to access – all you need is a library card. You can get a card online and start using it immediately.